Fall Buffalo Tactics

6 Posts
4 Users
5 Reactions
Jeff Bourns
(@jeff-bourns)
Trusted Carper Customer Vetted Member
Topic starter  

I think I am going to target Buffs primarily for the rest of the year when I have the time. What are some of your favorite tactics in the Fall for Buffalo? I'm relatively new to them as a species, having really only caught a good number of them mid/late Summer.

IMG 20220927 072324590 HDR 1

ReplyQuote
ShtarkerFishing
(@shtarkerfishing)
Active Carper

I honestly don't do anything different than my typical carp set up. If I'm fishing where Buffs are at and I've got pack bait and corn on the hair rig I tend to catch Buffalo

This post was modified 2 years ago by ShtarkerFishing

Jeff Bourns reacted
ReplyQuote
Jeff Bourns
(@jeff-bourns)
Topic starter  

@shtarkerfishing 

Thanks. I'll stick to what has been working. It does seem like corn and tigernuts have produced the best results in regard to hook bait. I think I catch fewer cats with tigernuts as well, especially if prebaiting with them. 

ReplyQuote
THE CARP COUPLE
(@carpcouple)
New Carper Customer Vetted Member

Have been having success with peanut flavor as water temps have dropped. 

Jeff Bourns reacted
ReplyQuote
GreenMonster
(@greenmonster)
New Carper Customer Vetted Member

A couple things for Buffalo that have worked well for me.

I use packbait and be willing to share bait recipe. 

hooklink is supple braid short 4” to 5” length with Korda 1.75 oz baitup feeder so it’s an inline. Size 6 or 8 wide gap hook with added kicker. I have had most success with tiger nut and 1 piece of plastic corn. I add a some cork to the tiger nut to get the buoyancy where it’s not lifting the hook off the lake bed but they are lifted above the hook. 

ReplyQuote
Jeff Bourns
(@jeff-bourns)
Topic starter  

@greenmonster 

That's some good stuff there. I appreciate the input.  I seem to have the best luck on a tigernut/fake corn combo as well. I will modify my rig a bit based on your suggestions. Thanks!

ReplyQuote
Share: